Dear 2E4,
I never really thought I'd ever want to start a class blog or have a blog for students. But these few days, I have been thinking of how to write short, simple messages to your class just so I can jot down notes of appreciation, commendations, thoughts and worries that I have for your class. I realised that a blog would probably be the most convenient method! And you all can post comments and reflections too using the comments function :)
First of all, reflections on the end of term. Honestly, amidst all the difficulties of adjusting to the workload of being a permanent teacher, being the ACC of your class has been one of the highlights for me. I like going down for assembly every morning, seeing all your familiar faces - Emelda, Bixin, Kelly, Celeste, Joey, Eunice and Zirong always bright and early in the morning ... walking down the row seeing the guys and nagging you all to move further in front, before Fida, Diyanah, Nabilah and Shahirah appear cheerily with their smiles and giggles. Ruban and Rayyan and Muiz always chatting away *AHEM* (so early in the morning got so much to talk?!) and Dominic, Athi, Pius, Vincent, Rui En, Evan, Kathir etc. etc. It doesn't make sense for me to name the whole class here but rest assured that I know who you all are and it's great to see you in school every morning :)
Participating in the class games for teachers' day was definitely a fun experience, and I just want to thank you all for showing up on that day and playing your hearts out in the games. My favourite was the marble game .. rolling the marble down the tubes with Mr Solehan and Rayyan so gancheong and Kathir cheering us on in the background .. can still remember the girls were the ones with the steady hands! The boys did really well with the tongue twisters - the look of concentration on all your faces as you tried the tongue twisters was really priceless. It turned out to be worth the effort as we all made it through those silly sounding words to claim points for the class. :)
Meeting your parents was a new experience for me. You know, that's the first time I've ever been part of a Parent-Teacher conference. What I realised is that your parents really care for you very much. Some of them may seem naggy or pressurising, always asking you to study harder etc, but I can really sense their concern for you. Even those whose parents are always so busy, not having much time at home - if this statement applies to your parents, I just want to say that sometimes the circumstances of life are such that we can't have things exactly the way we want. Let's learn to give thanks for what we already have ... even though there are things that make us feel sian, bored or unhappy, there's really lots to give thanks for too.
I think I will end this post here ... through these tough times of preparing lessons, setting exams papers, marking and teaching, I am thankful that I have a form class like you, and a CC like Mr Solehan. Let's have another good term together ... three more weeks to your EOYs! Stressful times, but let's work hard as one. See you all in school soon :)
Love,
Miss Tan
Friday, September 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Dear Charmaine,
It was very nice of you to start a blog for the class. The kids were very excited about it. You can also write very well. When I first read your blog, I was very touched.
Well done!
Solehan
Waah,miss tan can write so well.anyway 2e4 rocks especially you and mr solehan.
Good Job!
Rayyan Giggs
Hello. :D
You write so long, so well. heh. Mr Solehan confirm touched lahh. last part got his name what.. haha. Anyway, i love being in 2E4 a lot. 2E4 rocks! :D
Nurafida(:
haha! thank you all for the kind words :) let's treasure our 2e4 times together!
mr solehan: It's great working with you! Thanks for sharing openly with me about your kids and etc. etc. It's great that you're so good with admin too, I'm not as careful and neat!
rayyan: haha rayyan you rock too. i especially remember this time when i saw you standing really straight during one assembly, singing the school song seriously and proudly. that moment make me feel glad to be in this school, to be a Fajarian. If all Fajarians were to have such feelings about our school, other will definitely realise that there's something different and special about Fajar sec!
Nurafida: Haha ... you are so patient with the class. Especially when it comes to organising things or getting them to decide on things as a class. Your patience with them even when they are sometimes so naughty shows me that you really like and care for your classmates. :)
Post a Comment